Proven patient satisfaction and
demonstrated safety & tolerability
Proven patient satisfaction.
Overall, nearly 90% of women in a clinical trial were satisfied with ANNOVERA1*
simple insertion, simple removal, simple cleaning
not felt by most women while wearing
not expelled while wearing or during sex
Physical effects during sexual activity:
no change in sexual pleasure or frequency
*In an ANNOVERA Phase 3 study, a product acceptability questionnaire was administered and completed at the end of Cycle 3 (n=1036). Results based on data from 905 subjects in the areas of ease-of-use, expulsion, side effects, and sex/intercourse.
In clinical trials, ANNOVERA demonstrated:
- High rates of adherence (94.3%)1
- Cycle control with low rates of discontinuation due to irregular bleeding (1.7%)2†
- No alteration of the vaginal ecosystem or increased occurrence of infections with 13 cycles of use3
- A low daily release of 150 mcg segesterone acetate and 13 mcg ethinyl estradiol2
- 1. Merkatz RB, Plagianos M, Hoskin E, et al. Acceptability of the Nestorone®/ethinyl estradiol contraceptive vaginal ring: development of a model; implications for introduction. Contraception. 2014;90(5):514–521. doi:10.1016/j.contraception.2014.05.015.
- 2. Annovera™ [Full Prescribing Information]. Boca Raton, FL: TherapeuticsMD, Inc; 2019.
- 3. Data on file. 300A - Microbiology Sub-Study. Population Council Inc. 2015.