Designed To Empower Women1
Created for her control1
- As effective as a pill
- Fertility and menstruation control for 1 year (13 cycles)
- Inserted for 21 continuous days and removed for 7 days each cycle
Created for her comfort1,2*
- Soft and flexible for easy insertion and removal
- Comfortable throughout daily activities including sex
No wider than a tampon
Created with a novel hormonal profile
ANNOVERA was purposefully designed to release a novel combination of hormones for 13 cycles.1
Non-androgenic segesterone acetate1,4
~150 mcg daily for 1 year
- Has high anti-ovulatory potency
- Unlike other progestins, segesterone acetate demonstrates no androgenic, estrogenic, or glucocorticoid activity†
~13 mcg daily for 1 full year
- One of the lowest-dose estrogen contraceptive products on the market
- 1. Annovera® [Full Prescribing Information]. Boca Raton, FL: TherapeuticsMD, Inc; 2020
- 2. Merkatz RB, Plagianos M, Hoskin E, et al. Acceptability of the Nestorone®/ethinyl estradiol contraceptive vaginal ring: development of a model; implications for introduction. Contraception. 2014;90(5):514–521. doi:10.1016/j.contraception.2014.05.015.
- 3. Carlin EP, Spielmann HM, inventors; The Proctor & Gamble Company, assignee. Tampon. US Patent 7,338,483 B2. March 4, 2008.
- 4. Kumar N, Koide SS, Tsong YY, Sundaram K. Nestorone®: a progestin with a unique pharmacological profile. Steroids. 2000;65:629–636.